Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Non-Traditional Quilt For a Baby Boy

We have good friends who are having baby boy #3 soon. I thought they might be over pastels by now, and wanted to make them something a bit more funky. It is very simple--a Michael Miller Play Diamond on the front, and a vibrant coordinating blue on the back.

Lesson Learned:  A hated fabric can redeem itself! A few months ago, I bought the front fabric to coordinate with fabrics for a quilt I was working on. Online of course. And I HATED it. It was wrong wrong wrong. I pulled it out this time, paired it with a simple backing, and realized how great it looked together. Hurrah!

My favorite part: The quilting--it simple vertical quilting in ascending widths. It livens the quilt up quite a bit.



- Posted usin BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment