Thursday, January 21, 2010

Yum

I had to laugh--after watching the movie Julie and Julia, I totally want to cook my way through a cookbook this year. Say what you will about the movie, I was inspired! I haven't cooked much in the last year, due to a rather difficult pregnancy. But I've been doing lots of cooking lately. If only I was as good at photographing food as I am at eating and making it. Alas. On Tuesday, I made a gingered pork, green bean, and pepper stir fry. This recipe was fabulous, but not a "make dinner while supervising Mr. L doing his workbooks and learning how to cut and wanting to help and thinking maybe he needs to paint or do dishes, and chopping vegetables sure looks like fun too, none of which is super helpful, while N. decides she IS in fact DONE with the bouncy seat." Thank goodness J got home a bit early to help. I love Everyday Food magazine, and you can never go wrong with The New Best Recipe cookbook, but there are simply TOO MANY recipes. So, I think I'm going to try to cook one recipe a week from Joan Nathan's The New American Cooking. So far, I've made a ginger pumpkin bread (omitted the nuts and raisins, added chocolate chips. Can't go wrong with that) and a chili with orange zest and cinnamon. I really liked both, J, not so much. We'll see how long this lasts. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment